Join Us In Prayer
One of the most important and impactful ways you can support World Relief is through your prayers. On this page, you will find specific prayer request for World Relief programs, staff, volunteers and the many people we serve. If you belong to a prayer chain at your church, please send the link to this page to your friends and family so they may lift these requests up in their daily prayer life.
"Then all the believers were united as they lifted their voices in prayer: "O Sovereign Lord, Creator of heaven and earth, the sea, and everything in them – you spoke long ago by the Holy Spirit through our ancestor King David, your servant, saying, 'Why did the nations rage? Why did the people waste their time with futile plans? The kings of the earth prepared for battle; the rulers gathered together against the Lord and against his Messiah.' "That is what has happened here in this city! For Herod Antipas, Pontius Pilate the governor, the Gentiles, and the people of Israel were all united against Jesus, your holy servant, whom you anointed. In fact, everything they did occurred according to your eternal will and plan. And now, O Lord, hear their threats, and give your servants great boldness in their preaching. Send your healing power; may miraculous signs and wonders be done through the name of your holy servant Jesus." After this prayer, the building where they were meeting shook, and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit. And they preached God's message with boldness." Acts 4:24-31
Pray for Cambodia
- Pray for Churches – Pray that the local Church in Cambodia would be empowered to realize its potential in meeting the physical and spiritual needs of the most vulnerable.
- Pray for Children – Pray for the Cambodian children, where they are often seen as having little value in this culture and are vulnerable to disease, malnutrition, abuse & exploitation. Pray that children are protected, nourished and provided with education.
- Pray for Health – Pray that hunger, the prevalence of HIV/AIDS, malnutrition and
poverty are addressed in sustainable ways so that Cambodians can live healthy,
vibrant lives. Pray especially for women & children who are made vulnerable by AIDS.
- Pray against Trafficking – Pray that men and women who are trafficked into forced labor, sexual exploitation and domestic service are freed from slavery and given just, dignified opportunities for income. Pray that children are not trafficked.
- Pray for World Relief – Pray in thankfulness for the evidence of change and positive impact in the communities where we work and for the continued empowerment of the local Church so that it can serve Cambodia’s most vulnerable.
Pray for Democratic Republic of Congo
- Pray for a lasting peace to take hold in the Democratic Republic of Congo and that the rebel groups operating in the DRC would find peace with each other and the government and people of the DRC
- Pray for the protection of women and girls and that victims of gender-based violence would be welcomed in their communities and get proper care and attention
- Pray for the continued safety of World Relief staff and volunteers who are working on a daily basis to help the people of DRC
- Pray for the ongoing work of the Village Peace Committees that they would
continue to be effective in resolving conflicts and recognized and supported as
an effective peace building tool by the international community
- Pray for our elected officials that they would lead a strong international response to the DRC in providing humanitarian assistance, negotiating for peace, and bringing the world’s attention to the DRC
Pray for Indonesia
- Pray for Churches – Pray for Indonesia as it is a closed country and home to over
200 unreached people groups, or about 11 million people who have never heard
the Gospel. Pray for the grass–roots, self-sustaining movement of marginalized and persecuted churches ministering to Indonesia’s most vulnerable.
- Pray for Health – Pray for a network of churches and volunteers in Papua, Indonesia to address the prevalence of HIV/AIDS in the midst of geographic isolation,
inadequate healthcare, risky cultural practices and a lack of education.
- Pray for Strengthened Communities – Pray for 0% malnutrition in children under 5, adequate adult care of children, adequate household nutrition, increased household incomes and higher agricultural production among vulnerable communities
- Pray for Refugees – Pray for asylum-seekers and refugees from Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Iran that are in a detention center in Bali, Indonesia. Pray for mitigation of isolation, psychosocial distress and potential long-term mental health problems.
- Pray for World Relief – Pray for our unique relationship with local people groups
and the Indonesian government, both of which open the door for humanitarian relief and church mobilization. Pray that our relationships with the local Church and other organizations lead to more cell churches and the proclamation of the Gospel in unreached areas.
Pray for Kenya
- Pray for Peace – Kenya continues to have episodes of violence. Pray that in Molo and around the country the church will be advocates for peace.
- Pray for Unity – In a place where even churches have been divided ethnically pray that God would unite His followers of different tribes in a way that would astound their communities.
- Pray for Potatoes – Pray that our work of empowering small farmers to grow potatoes would flourish and that God would bless the effort.
- Pray for Churches – Pray that God would use His church to be a powerful force, bearing witness to His Kingdom in Molo.
Pray for Malawi
- Pray for Churches - That they would be empowered and respond
to the needs in their community‹bearing witness to the Gospel
in Word and Deed.
- Pray for Elections - That Malawi will have a smooth run up to the
May 2014 elections. Pray that God will grant peace, stability, and guide as they elect leaders.
- Pray for Rain - Pray for adequate rains across Malawi. Pray that despite
the delayed onset, they will have at least 4 months of rains in each
region so that crops can grow.
- Pray for World Relief - That God would allow us to continue empowering
churches in the districts where we operate in Malawi so that they can
serve their most vulnerable neighbors.
- Pray for Staff - That God would strengthen, inspire and guide staff
while they meet, train and supervise church leaders, volunteers and
Pray for Rwanda
- Pray for Churches - That they would be empowered and respond to the needs in their community—bearing witness to the Gospel in word and deed.
- Pray for Children - While much progress has been made in recent years there are still many orphans and vulnerable children in Rwanda. Pray that God would empower churches to care for their needs.
- Pray for Reconciliation - Pray for continued healing and reconciliation in Rwanda as the nation commemorates the 20th anniversary of the 1994 Genocide.
- Pray for World Relief - That God would allow us to continue empower churches all over Rwanda to serve the most vulnerable.