The internship program at World Relief is a competitive program that accepts students and recent graduates from universities across the United States. We select applicants from all fields of study who demonstrate excellence in service and learning, and a desire to serve refugees, immigrants, and the communities that welcome them.
For more information about internships at World Relief Triad, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are open!
World Relief interns have the opportunity to build professional skills and gain real-world experience in the non-profit sector. Interns will learn about local and global issues impacting refugees and immigrants through training and by assisting with direct services to our clients and community.
World Relief has multiple programs and each one has several focus areas. Applicants can apply to any of these seven areas.
Summer 2023: April 7, 2022
Summer 2023: May 22, 2023
Fall 2023: July 14, 2022
Fall 2023: August 28, 2023
1. APPLICATION: Complete online application form.
2. COVER LETTER AND RESUME: Email a cover letter and resume to TriadInternships@wr.org, each file name should contain your first and last name.
3. RECOMMENDATION FORMS: World Relief asks for two recommendation forms, one personal (non-family) and one academic/professional. World Relief's Internship Program Coordinator will send the blank recommendation forms to the two individuals listed in the "Recommendation Forms - References" section of the application.
4. INTERVIEW: Interviews are conducted after the application deadline if all forms have been received. The applicant will be contacted via email to setup an interview time.
5. BACKGROUND CHECK: If selected, a criminal background check (free of charge) is required through World Relief.
Internship alumni have gone on to diverse fields such as international development, education, missions, local politics, and, of course, becoming employed at World Relief. This unique opportunity will allow interns to gain global, local, and professional experience while also contributing to an organization focused on serving the most vulnerable in our community. World Relief is able to provide oversight and fill out forms necessary for selected interns to receive academic credit for their internship.