You long to serve your congregation well, to effectively call and mobilize them for mission and launch them into lives committed to the most vulnerable.
How can you inspire your congregants to ‘Be The Church’ seven days a week? To go out into all the world as disciples? And how do you, as a leader, follow your call to move your church?
These are questions many of us grapple with daily. And finding the answers can often be incredibly challenging.
But here’s the good news. We understand, and we can help.
Empowering Local Churches
At World Relief Sacramento, we’ve been partnering with churches across the region for over 30 years, helping them join in God’s plan to bring lasting change to our world. Our passion is to create partnerships that support and empower local churches to serve immigrants and refugees in vulnerable situations. Today, we’re a movement of dozens of churches, across Northern California, fostering stability and integration for immigrants and refugees in vulnerable situations.
Start, Rise, Stand
Together, we can expand your congregation’s understanding of what it means to love, serve and learn from immigrants and refugees, as well as guide your church through a process we call START, RISE, and STAND.
START exploring what it might look like for your church to serve refugees and immigrants. We prepare an individualized plan for your congregation to learn and launch into a ministry of welcome.
RISE stands for Refugee and Immigrant Sunday Emphasis. We partner with you to design and deliver a customized event or program that will help your congregation understand God’s heart for refugees and immigrants.
STAND with refugees and immigrants by taking what you’ve learned from your RISE event and putting it into action to welcome refugees and immigrants in the community.
7 Reasons We Believe The Church Can Change The World
We believe that when the church is mobilized to achieve its full potential, it has the power to change our world. We believe this because:
1. The local church is God’s plan to reveal his mercy, compassion and truth to people around the world.
2. The local church is the largest social network on the planet and has the ability, authority and permanency to do far more than any government institution or non-profit organization could.
3. The local church is led by local, trusted community leaders — those with an inside voice and understanding that no outside organization can bring.
4. The local church has the influence and moral authority to shape behaviors rooted in biblical values of love, compassion and justice.
5. The local church offers the greatest hope of reconciliation between classes, tribes, ethnicities and political parties, unifying people under a common identity in Christ.
6. The local church can restore dignity and bring hope to the suffering, forgotten and marginalized by reaching out to the most vulnerable in its community and answering God’s call to love.
7. The local church is empowered by the Holy Spirit to do more than human wisdom and efforts could ever possibly accomplish alone.
"Working alongside World Relief to serve the vulnerable of our community enables our church members to move past simply speaking about the Gospel to actually embodying the Gospel through compassionate service in the name of Christ. Simple acts of help lead to revealing conversations which give birth to significant relationships. I am thankful for the opportunities for our people to engage with immigrants who have drastically different life stories than they do yet who share the common needs and dreams of all humanity."
—Mark Shetler, Executive Pastor at River City Christian