World Relief Spokane benefits from the hard work of dedicated interns who are equally rewarded with rich, cross-cultural experiences serving refugees and other immigrants alongside us. Interns come from universities in Spokane, other states and even other countries. World Relief offers numerous intern opportunities throughout our agency to interns pursuing a variety of programs of study.
February - May
Applications Due Last Friday in Nov
September - December
Fall application deadline extended until further notice
June - August
Applications Due First Friday in April
- -Commitment of 15-25 hours per week for a minimum of 10 weeks.
- -Required hours must be logged during World Relief's office hours: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 4:30 pm.
- -Anyone can apply for an internship (per Title 7), however a qualified applicant is one who acknowledges and affirms the mission, vision and values of World Relief.
- -If selected, applicants should be prepared to complete a criminal and motor vehicle background check (free of charge) through World Relief. At this time a social security number is needed for this to be processed.
- -Applicants must also have a valid driver's license for positions that require direct contact with refugees and immigrants.
- -Must have enthusiasm for empowering local churches, serving refugees in the Spokane area and an understanding of multi-cultural settings.
- -Must understand that all World Relief internships are unpaid.
- -Must understand that working in a multi-cultural setting requires patience, problem-solving skills and ability to adjust to change.
- -Must be reliable, timely, independent, organized, creative, and flexible.
- -Must have a willingness to work in refugees’ homes and spend time in medical provider facilities (for some positions).
- -Must dress in appropriate business casual clothing.
ADDITIONAL NOTES: End dates aim to be considerate of when students have their finals week, but can also be flexible with schedules.
Want to learn more about how we're creating lasting change in communities all over our world?
Sign up to stay in touch!