- World Relief’s programs in Burundi began in 2004.\
- More than 2,800 volunteers have been trained in community health strategies.
- More than 100,000 women and men have been empowered financially through Savings for Life – a program introduced by World Relief and its partner Dutabarane.
- This year, 565 Community Health Workers trained by World Relief treated over 60,000 casess of malaria, diarrhea, pneumonia and malnutrition – the leading causes of death for children in Burundi.
- The Families for Life Program helps churches and volunteers strengthen marriages, empower women and promote healthy families, laying a strong foundation for other development initiatives.