7 Reasons We Believe The Church Can Change The World
We believe that when the church is mobilized to achieve its full potential, it has the power to change our world. We believe this because:
- The local church is God’s plan to reveal his mercy, compassion and truth to people around the world.
- The local church is the largest social network on the planet and has the ability, authority and permanency to do far more than any government institution or non-profit organization could.
- The local church is led by local, trusted community leaders — those with an inside voice and understanding that no outside organization can bring.
- The local church has the influence and moral authority to shape behaviors rooted in biblical values of love, compassion and justice.
- The local church offers the greatest hope of reconciliation between classes, tribes, ethnicities and political parties, unifying people under a common identity in Christ.
- The local church can restore dignity and bring hope to the suffering, forgotten and marginalized by reaching out to the most vulnerable in its community and answering God’s call to love.
- The local church is empowered by the Holy Spirit to do more than human wisdom and efforts could ever possibly accomplish alone.