We all want to make a difference in the world. At World Relief, we believe making a difference is a two-way street. Over the past 40+ years, we’ve been guiding community members into mutually-transformative relationships that make a lasting impact on the community. You can bring your gifts, abilities and interests, and World Relief will help you connect and walk alongside families and individuals as they rebuild their lives in Western Washington.
Please look through our volunteer opportunities below to see where your gifts, abilities and interests align. We are committed to your thorough onboarding, training and support as a volunteer, so please review the onboarding steps, commitment, and location for each role.
Note: Due to the high number of volunteer applications we are receiving, volunteer onboarding and responses may be delayed. Thanks for your patience!
Volunteer Onboarding Steps:
- Review the volunteer opportunities below to find one that fits your schedule, location and skills
- Complete the volunteer application for King or Whatcom County and review the Volunteer Expectations and Agreements
- Complete the e-learning general orientation (virtual)
- Register for a local volunteer orientation for King or Whatcom County (register on our Events page, using the code you receive after completing the e-course)
- Pass the background and drivers' checks
- Submit COVID-19 vaccine records (for some volunteer roles only at this time)
- Liability release form
- Confidentiality agreement
- Positive reference check
Please be patient as we are receiving a high volume of applications right now.
Volunteer Opportunities in King County
Volunteer Opportunities in Whatcom County
More ways to engage
"Volunteering is a passion of mine. ... Also as an immigrant, I know how complicated and difficult it could be for one to end up in a place where they know nobody. Helping others at the RV to reach out to their families or friends, driving them to the airport or hotel, and seeing happiness on their faces after being released is just priceless."
-Dieu, Post-Release Volunteer
I have appreciated helping women progress in their English, getting to know them, and helping them move forward in their transition to life in the U.S.
-Anne, ESL Tutor
“I see little glimpses of God’s kingdom through watching people help one another by extending small kindnesses and in the joyful moments sharing life together.”