We all want to make a difference in the world. At World Relief, we believe making a difference is a two-way street.
Over the past 40+ years, we’ve been guiding community members into mutually-transformative relationships that make a lasting impact on the community. You can bring your gifts, abilities and interests, and World Relief will help you connect and walk alongside families and individuals as they rebuild their lives in Western Washington.
Please look through our volunteer opportunities below to see where your gifts, abilities, and interests align. We are committed to your thorough onboarding, training, and support as a volunteer, so please review the onboarding steps, commitment, and location for each role. Learn more about World Relief, our mission, and volunteer expectations in our Volunteer Handbook.
Volunteer Onboarding Steps:
- Set up a profile on PORTAL by clicking the application link for your location above.
- After creating a profile you will be prompted to fill out a volunteer application.
- Sign up for a Live Local Orientation on PORTAL (we hold these on the 1st Tuesday and Thursday of the month).
- Complete the U.S. Programs E-Course - indicated on PORTAL (we suggest using the same username and password for the E-Course Platform).
- Complete a background check through PORTAL.
King County Opportunities
Thurston County Opportunities
Whatcom County Opportunities
More ways to engage
"Volunteering is a passion of mine. ... Also as an immigrant, I know how complicated and difficult it could be for one to end up in a place where they know nobody. Helping others at the RV to reach out to their families or friends, driving them to the airport or hotel, and seeing happiness on their faces after being released is just priceless."
-Dieu, Post-Release Volunteer
I have appreciated helping women progress in their English, getting to know them, and helping them move forward in their transition to life in the U.S.
-Anne, ESL Tutor
“I see little glimpses of God’s kingdom through watching people help one another by extending small kindnesses and in the joyful moments sharing life together.”